William Goodall Shiells inherited his father William's brewing business in 1847 and put Brewery Park up to let that year. It was eventually leased by the partnership of James H. Inglis & Co from 1853 to 1854. After the partnership was dissolved, William's brother Ross ran the business from 1857, giving it up in 1861. By then the decision had already been made to sell the property and it was acquired in 1861 by George Young, a local smith, who disposed of the equipment and thereby brought brewing at Brewery Park to an end.
Active: 1847 - 1861
The Brewery Park complex was described as "an extensive building three storeys high with suitable offices and a portion of land and garden attached" and as having "a brewhouse, maltings, kiln, mill, granaries, cellarage, and stables".
The brewery has since been demolished and the site is now occupied by part of an East Lothian Council building complex. Three later outbuildings still stand, converted to private housing.