James H. Inglis and Co
James H. Inglis & Co leased Brewery Park from William Goodall Shiells from at least 1853 to 1854. The partners were James Henderson Inglis and James Ferguson, both businessmen from Edinburgh. Inglis had been a shawl manufacturer in Edinburgh before going into business with Ferguson, an Edinburgh pawnbroker who was probably the financial backer. The partnership was dissolved on the death of James Ferguson in 1854, and the brewery was then run by Ross Shiells from 1857.
Active: 1853 - 1854
Breweries and other buildings
The Brewery Park complex was described as "an extensive building three storeys high with suitable offices and a portion of land and garden attached" and as having "a brewhouse, maltings, kiln, mill, granaries, cellarage, and stables".
The brewery has since been demolished and the site is now occupied by part of an East Lothian Council building complex. Three later outbuildings still stand, converted to private housing.