William Shiells inherited his father's brewing business off Back Street (now Market Street) in 1824 before moving to the west end of Haddington, where he built Brewery Park on land south of Court Street. When he died in 1847 the business passed to his son William Goodall Shiells.
Active: 1824 - 1847
Breweries and other buildings
The Brewery Park complex was described as "an extensive building three storeys high with suitable offices and a portion of land and garden attached" and as having "a brewhouse, maltings, kiln, mill, granaries, cellarage, and stables".
The brewery has since been demolished and the site is now occupied by part of an East Lothian Council building complex. Three later outbuildings still stand, converted to private housing.