John Walker had leased the Nungate Brewery from Alexander Howden by 1851. The brewery then passed into the hands of the Muat family in about 1856 and, after John Walker died in 1859, it was leased by James Richardson.
Active: 1850s - 1859
The Nungate Brewery was described as "a small building used as a brewery in good repair with kiln and the necessary offices attached"and later as "consisting of brew-house, dwelling-house, and others on one side of the road, and a kiln, granary, and malt barn on the other side of it".
The brewery and maltbarn survive today, converted into private housing.