Scott and Co
The partnership of Scott & Co was formed in 1861 by Donald Farquharson and John Scott. Donald had bought the Feus Brewery, which had been tenanted by Robert Mailer, for £300. In 1863 Donald was declared bankrupt , and the brewery was put up for sale.
The company's brewing utensils were offered for sale in 1864, but the company was still recorded as the tenant in 1869, by which time the brewery had been bought by John Young, a surgeon in Dunning. The tenancy was then taken on, briefly, by James Christie, who had previously occupied the nearby Abbey Brewery.
Active: 1861 - 1864
Breweries and other buildings
The Feus Brewery consisted of a group of linked buildings arranged around three sides of a courtyard. The site has since been cleared and is awaiting development.
We do not currently hold any images of items related to Scott & Co, and would welcome any information or images related to the company.