James and Andrew Christie formed the partnership of J. & A. Christie in about 1858, and employed three men in 1861. They ran the Abbey Brewery until the partnership was dissolved in 1869, after which Andrew operated the Abbey Brewery on his own account. James then briefly took on the tenancy of the nearby Feus Brewery.
Active: 1858 - 1869
The Abbey Brewery was attached to a two-storey house on Main Street. The house survives, as do some of the buildings on Abbey Road.