Alexander Young had bought the Elgin Brewery from Robertson, Brander, Ritchie & Co by 1803. He developed the business into a thriving concern and eventually transferred it to his two sons, Alexander and James, who traded as A. & J. Young.
Active: 1800s - 1810s
The original Elgin Brewery consisted of about half a dozen buildings arranged around a central courtyard, and lay to the east of Elgin Cathedral.
Books and periodicals
Young, R. Annals of the parish and burgh of Elgin: from the twelfth century to the year 1876, with some historical and other notices illustrative of the subject. Elgin: Robert Young, 1879.