The partnership of Donald, Cameron & Co was formed in 1876, by James Donald and David Cameron, to take on the lease of the Laurencekirk Brewery, which had been previously occupied by Nelson & Co. David had been employed in the brewery since at least 1867.
James, who was described as a hotel-keeper, died in 1884 and David then took on the business on his own account.
Active: 1876 - 1884
The Laurencekirk Brewery was adjacent to the Royal Hotel. Much of the site has been cleared for car-parking but some outbuildings survive.
Books and periodicals
Anon. Let of brewery. Dundee Courier, 10th November, 1876.