Gillespie, Gray and Co
The partnership of Gillespie, Gray & Co was formed in 1872 by Alexander Gillespie, a Dumbarton brewer, and Thomas Gray from Glasgow.
The partnership was dissolved in 1889 and two separate partnerships – Gillespie, Sons & Co and Gray & Co – were formed.
Active: 1872 - 1889
Breweries and other buildings
The company leased the former Crownpoint Brewery (renaming it the Crown Brewery during their lease) in the Gallowgate from 1872 until 1882, when it moved to purpose built premises in Slatefield Street.
The new Crown Brewery was designed by the well regarded brewery architect Peter Lyle Henderson.
The site of the former Crown Brewery is now occupied by a modern housing development.
We do not currently hold any images of items related to Gillespie, Gray & Co, and would welcome any information or images related to the company.