Little is known about Peter Wilson, other than that he was recorded as a brewer at 71 North Back Canongate from 1843-1844. The premises had been previously occupied by the partnership of Brown and Raeburn, and Thomas Bernard took them on in 1845.
Active: 1843 - 1844
What became known as the Edinburgh Brewery was based upon a group of buildings arranged around an oblong courtyard, some of which were reputed to date back to the 15th century. The site was acquired, and cleared, by the North British Railway Company in 1903 to allow Waverley Station to be expanded.