George Bell Brown, who had brewed at 71 North Back of Canongate from about 1823, was briefly in partnership with Henry Raeburn junior, the son of the famous painter Sir Henry Raeburn. The partnership was dissolved in 1839 and the premises were eventually taken on by Peter Wilson.
Active: 1838 - 1839
What became known as the Edinburgh Brewery was based upon a group of buildings arranged around an oblong courtyard, some of which were reputed to date back to the 15th century. The site was acquired, and cleared, by the North British Railway Company in 1903 to allow Waverley Station to be expanded.