David Halket was in partnership with his brother Samuel, trading as Samuel and David Halket, from 1810 to 1814. He was then the sole occupier of the brewery in the North Back of Canongate when it was offered for sale in 1822, after which it was probably taken on by J. and G. Brown.
Active: 1820 - 1822
Breweries and other buildings
What became known as the Edinburgh Brewery was based upon a group of buildings arranged around an oblong courtyard, some of which were reputed to date back to the 15th century. The site was acquired, and cleared, by the North British Railway Company in 1903 to allow Waverley Station to be expanded.
We do not currently hold any images of items related to David Halket, and would welcome any information or images related to his business.
Other Sources of information
Books and periodicals
Anon. Brewery and premises at North Back of Canongate for sale. Caledonian Mercury, 5th January, 1822.