Samuel and David Halket
Samuel and David Halket were in partnership in the North Back of the Canongate from 1810, prior to which Samuel appears to have traded on his own. Samuel continued the business on his own account from 1814 to 1817, when he was declared bankrupt and his brewery utensils were offered for sale.
Active: 1810 - 1814
Breweries and other buildings
What became known as the Edinburgh Brewery was based upon a group of buildings arranged around an oblong courtyard, some of which were reputed to date back to the 15th century. The site was acquired, and cleared, by the North British Railway Company in 1903 to allow Waverley Station to be expanded.
We do not currently hold any images of items related to Samuel and David Halket, and would welcome any information or images related to the company.