William Dawson had been a foreman for the brewing firm of R. & J. Mitchell in Cupar, before taking on the tenancy of the Leven Brewery from about 1845. He had left for Aberdeen by 1851 when the brewery was advertised for sale by the trustees of Thomas Ballingall's estate, and described as being "presently occupied by Messrs. Scott & Lyall".
Active: 1840s - 1840s
Breweries and other buildings
The Leven Brewery was located on the junction of what is now North Street (formerly Back Street) and Brewery Wynd. Part of the brewery survives as a meeting hall for the British Legion.
We do not currently hold any images of items related to William Dawson, and would welcome any information or images related to his business.
Other Sources of information
Books and periodicals