John Fowlis died in 1810 and a "dwelling house, bakehouse, brewery, malt barn and granary" were offered for sale by public roup by his heirs in 1815. This was in all probability the Leven Brewery, which was described as being "commodious; and the situation for business perhaps not equalled by any on the coast of Fife." The brewery was then occupied by David Ballingall.
Active: 1800s - 1810
The Leven Brewery was located on the junction of what is now North Street (formerly Back Street) and Brewery Wynd. Part of the brewery survives as a meeting hall for the British Legion.
Books and periodicals