Thomson & Garbois commenced brewing at the Ruthvenbank Brewery in 1833. However, in 1838 the partnership executed a trust disposition in favour of Peter Scott, a local banker, and Peter Clerk, a local writer. The business was then put under the management of the former brewery clerk, George Wilson. By 1841 the business had been taken on by the new partnership of Thomsons & Co.
Among the beers produced by the company were: Porter, Ale and Table Beer.
Active: 1833 - 1838
The Ruthvenbank Brewery was located "about 200 yards south of the great road from Perth to Glasgow", which most probably places it on the site of what was later the Ruthvenbank Chemical Works. The buildings have since been demolished.
Books and periodicals
Anon. Thomson and Garbois. Perthshire Courier, 25th July, 1833.