George Walker Duncan, of Tullibody, acquired the Broad Street Brewery from Robert McNicol around 1893. The premises were then tenanted from 1895 to 1901 by James Duncan, an aerated water manufacturer.
Active: 1893 - 1895
The building that housed the Broad Street Brewery is believed to have dated from 1529, and stood next to what was Stirling Town and County Buildings. By the end of the nineteenth century it had become somewhat dilapidated and part of the building collapsed in 1904. It was acquired shortly after by the Town of Stirling and was eventually redeveloped as part of a council housing complex in the 1950s.
Burns, E. Ale in Stirling: a celebration. Stirling: Jamieson & Munro, 2004.