Little is known about James McGrigor, other than that he was recorded as brewer at the Nairn Brewery in 1851, after Peter Smith. He employed one man, and he lived in nearby Church Street with his wife Anne and seven children.
Active: 1851 - 1851
The Nairn Brewery consisted of a small group of buildings on Mill Road, organised around a central courtyard. The brewery was destroyed by fire in 1903 and most of the ground has since been landscaped.