Little is known about Peter Smith, other than that he was also a baker, and took on the tenancy of the Nairn Brewery in 1849 from William Mackintosh. The tenancy would appear to have been short-lived, however, as James McGrigor was recorded as the brewer in 1851.
Active: 1849 - 1850
The Nairn Brewery consisted of a small group of buildings on Mill Road, organised around a central courtyard. The brewery was destroyed by fire in 1903 and most of the ground has since been landscaped.