Adam Pattison is the first documented owner of the Sacell Brewery, but little else is known about him. He sold the brewery in 1780 to a partnership formed by James Harvey, a local merchant.
Location: Paisley
Active: 1770s - 1800
Status: Unknown
The Sacell Brewery was in operation from at least the 1770s, and was gradually expanded into "a 3-storey, 13-bay block, probably originally maltings, with 2 kilns". The buildings were eventually used as bonded warehouses by the Distillers Company Ltd, and as an office block by Millen Brothers, shipbuilders. The area has since been cleared and is part of a development of modern housing.
Books and periodicals
Clark, S. Brewing and breweries in Paisley. Scottish Brewing Archive Newsletter, 15, 1989, pp.12-13.