Prior to joining the partnership Peter Rolland had been a partner in Rolland & Thomson of Ayr, from which he retired in 1859.
The Bathgate Brewery Company was wound up in April of 1867 under a petition from Sanderson & Sons, a firm of maltmen and grain merchants in Wakefield.
Active: 1867 - 1867
The new Bathgate Brewery was established in 1866 and lay "in the court opening to the south of the house tenanted by Mr Dodds, writer", placing it just to the north of the Royal Commercial Hotel.
Books and periodicals
Sprightly, S. Rambles round Bathgate: Ramble XXII - Buildings. The West Lothian Courier, 17th August, 1878.