Business: James Aitken and Co (Falkirk) Ltd
James Heugh Aitken had a house on Lint Riggs above the New Market Bar, which has the date '1904', and the initials 'JHA' carved on its frontage. This became Aitken's general offices in 1933, following James's death.
After the takeover of Aitken's in 1966, the offices were used for a short time by Tennent Caledonian Breweries Ltd, but have now returned to their former residential use.
Books and periodicals
James Aitken & Co. (Falkirk) Ltd. 200 years of progress. Falkirk: James Aitken & Co. (Falkirk) Ltd., 1940.