The partnership of McNaught and Dickson was established in 1898 by Matthew Alexander McNaught and Patrick Dickson to take on the Irvine Brewery which Matthew had bought from John Drummond in 1895. It was the last of a number of businesses who operated the brewery.
Matthew died of influenza that same year and it is assumed that the business ceased trading soon after; the brewery was offered, unsuccessfully, for sale in 1902.
Active: 1898 - 1898
David Gray established the Irvine Brewery in 1826 and it passed through several hands until the death of Matthew McNaught in 1898. The brewery was put up for sale in 1902 but failed to find a buyer. The buildings have since been demolished and the site lies under Low Green Road and an access road to new housing. The only remaining evidence of the brewery are two small sections of boundary wall.
Books and periodicals
Close, R. Irvine Brewery. Scottish Brewing Archive Newsletter, 1997, 28, pp.11-15.