James Rodger acquired the Anstruther Brewery and adjoining house from the heirs of James Johnston in 1795. His business seems to have been a successful one as he had the means to alter what was known as Brewery House from a one, to a three storey building.
He also bought a malt barn on the Back Dykes from Andrew Black in 1801. The properties and business passed to his son David in 1817.
Active: 1795 - 1817
The Anstruther Brewery was on Burial Brae, and consisted of a group of buildings organised around a courtyard.
Books and periodicals