Hugh Ross, a former grocer, took on the Nairn Brewery from his employer, James Grant, in 1868. However, in August of 1870 he was declared bankrupt and the brewery and associated land was offered for sale.
The next recorded occupier of the brewery was James Rose.
Active: 1868 - 1871
The Nairn Brewery consisted of a small group of buildings on Mill Road, organised around a central courtyard. The brewery was destroyed by fire in 1903 and most of the ground has since been landscaped.