David Thomson Wills was first recorded as a brewer in Gilruth's Close, off Dudhope Street, near the Lady Well.
He died in 1866 and the business was carried on by his wife, Margaret, who traded as M. D. Wills.
Active: 1858 - 1866
The extent of the brewery in Gilruth's Close is not clear from contemporary maps, though the Lady Well is clearly marked.
Books and periodicals
Alexander, John. Dundee breweries. Broughty Ferry: John Alexander, 2008.