Rea Ireland took on the Argyle Brewery around 1827 when the partnership of Ireland & Halket was dissolved.
Rea then ran the brewery on his own account until his death in 1860, when his son David Stevenson Ireland succeeded to the business.
Location: St Andrews
Active: 1827 - 1860
Breweries and other buildings
The brewery was described as a "group of 2- and 3-storey rubble buildings" with a "3-storey brewhouse with an octagonal-section, red-and-white-brick chimney", with all the buildings having pantiled roofs.
Most of the brewery has been demolished, though the entrance to the courtyard remains.
We do not currently hold any images of items related to James Watson & Son, and would welcome any other information or images related to his business.
Other Sources of information
Books and periodicals
Gibb, F. The brewers and breweries of Fife. Stirling: Lomax Press, 2012.