Thomas Laurie

Thomas Laurie, an experienced brewer from Morham, briefly took on the tenancy of the Sidegate Brewery from John Martine in 1862. It then passed into the hands of James Richardson in 1865.

Location: Haddington

Active: 1862 - 1865

Status: Closed

Breweries and other buildings

The Sidegate Brewery was arranged around a courtyard and consisted of a brewery, malt kiln, granaries, cellars, steam engine house, stable, guano house, and garden.

Much of the complex has since been converted into private housing in what is now known as Brewery Close.

Objects




Location
Map of 1853 showing the layout of the Sidegate Brewery
© National Library of Scotland, 2018