Bernard's Limited was established in 1895 (Scottish Company Number 2857) to acquire the business of Daniel Bernard at Bernard's Brewery. The initial capitalisation was £120,000, made up of 6,000 £10 preference shares, and 6,000 £10 ordinary shares. The company went into voluntary liquidation in 1902, and was finally dissolved in 1905.
The company's trademark was a ring of bayonets, arranged like a stylised sun, and amongst the beers it produced was Pale Ale.
Active: 1895 - 1905
Breweries and other buildings
Bernard's Brewery was built in 1893 to designs by Hippolyte Jean Blanc. The site was acquired by a local pharmaceutical firm in 1904, and much of it was redeveloped in the 1980s. However, the administrative offices, on Wheatfield Road, still survive.
Other Sources of information
The National Records of Scotland holds company papers for the period 1895-1905 (Ref : BT2/2857).