J and G Brown.
The short-lived partnership of J. and G. Brown took on the premises in the North Back of Canongate which had probably been occupied by David Halket in about 1822. George Bell Brown carried on the business on his own account following his brother John's death in 1823.
Active: 1822 - 1823
Breweries and other buildings
What became known as the Edinburgh Brewery was based upon a group of buildings arranged around an oblong courtyard, some of which were reputed to date back to the 15th century. The site was acquired, and cleared, by the North British Railway Company in 1903 to allow Waverley Station to be expanded.
We do not currently hold any images of items related to J. & G. Brown, and would welcome any information or images related to the company.