Scott and Lyall
Scott & Lyall took on the tenancy of the Leven Brewery from William Dawson, and employed two labourers in 1851. By 1855 the brewery had been acquired by J. & G. Brown, and one of the partners, Lawrence Lyall, had moved to Fisherrow, where he acquired the Ladywell Brewery.
Active: 1840s - 1850s
Breweries and other buildings
The Leven Brewery was located on the junction of what is now North Street (formerly Back Street) and Brewery Wynd.
We do not currently hold any images of items related to Scott & Lyall, and would welcome any information or images related to the company.
Other Sources of information
Books and periodicals