Andrew Colquhoun and Co
The partnership of Andrew Colquhoun & Co was formed by Andrew Colquhoun, of Tullibody, and his half-brother Charles MacDonald.
The firm established the St Ninian's Well Brewery in Burghmuir, where it later also produced aerated waters. Around 1899 the business was acquired by James Cairns Miller and his cousin James Miller, who then traded as J. & J. Miller.
Amongst the beers produced by the company was Colquhoun's Pale Ale.
Breweries and other buildings
The St Ninian's Well Brewery consisted of a series of buildings arranged in a rectangle around a central courtyard. The buildings have since been demolished, and the site is occupied by a modern housing complex.
Other Sources of information
Books and periodicals
Burns, E. Ale in Stirling: a celebration. Stirling: Jamieson & Munro, 2004.
Drysdale, W. Old faces, old places and old stories of Stirling. Second series. Stirling: Eneas Mackay, 1899.