William Mackintosh, who was a flesher in Nairn, purchased the brewing utensils of Donald Mackay in 1845. He then commenced brewing of "all kinds of table beer" at the Nairn Brewery having "secured the assistance of an experienced malster and brewer".
Active: 1845 - 1849
Breweries and other buildings
The Nairn Brewery consisted of a small group of buildings on Mill Road, organised around a central courtyard. The brewery was destroyed by fire in 1903 and most of the ground has since been landscaped.
We do not currently hold any images of items related to William Mackintosh, and would welcome any information or images related to his business.