M. Wallace bought the Bathgate Brewery for £600 in the 1840s, and put his son John in charge.
Active: 1840s - 1856
Breweries and other buildings
The Bathgate Brewery was established in the old tanworks in Chapel Lane. After its sale in the late 1860s it became the site of the West Lothian Flint Glassworks. Following a fire in 1924, the site was cleared for housing and new commercial buildings.
We do not currently hold any images of items related to M. Wallace, and would welcome any information or images related to his business.
Other Sources of information
Books and periodicals
Sprightly, S. Rambles round Bathgate: Ramble XXII - Buildings. The West Lothian Courier, 17th August, 1878.