M D Wills
John Neave took on the role as brewery manager around 1869, and eventually became one of the partners.
The partnership was dissolved in 1884, and John Neave then carried on the business on his own account under the same name.
In 1899 John Neave & Sons Ltd was established to take on the business.
Active: 1866 - 1899
Breweries and other buildings
The original brewery was situated near the Lady Well in Gilruth's Close, off Dudhope Street.
The buildings have been converted to a mix of commercial and residential properties, and were given listed building status in 1993.
We do not currently hold any images of items related to M. D. Wills, and would welcome any information or images related to the company.
Other Sources of information
Nine Incorporated Trades of Dundee. Victoria Road property. Last accessed 28/10/2015.
Books and periodicals
Alexander, John. Dundee breweries. Broughty Ferry: John Alexander, 2008.