Nairn Brewery

Business: David Bernard Rose

Location: Nairn

Type: Brewery

The first documented mention of the Nairn Brewery was in 1843, in connection with James Fraser who was probably a cooper.

The brewery passed through the hands of numerous owners and tenants including; Donald Mackay, William Mackintosh, Peter Smith, James McGrigor, John Carlier Tweedie, Alexander Mann, George Hayward, James Grant, Hugh Ross, James Rose, Daniel Bernard Rose, and Ainslie & Co. It was re-named the St Bernard's Brewery when it was operated by Ainslie & Co.

The brewery consisted of a small group of buildings on Mill Road, organised around a central courtyard.

Map of 1868 showing the layout of the Nairn Brewery.
© National Library of Scotland, 2016.

Active: 1843 - 1898

Address: Mill Road

Status: Demolished

Current Use: Landscaped ground

Then

Sadly we do not have a picture of the Nairn Brewery. Please contact us if you have one!

Now

The buildings were destroyed by fire in 1903, causing £1,000 of damage, and most of the ground has since been landscaped.