Business: D Bain and Sons
The brewery was occupied by Walter Ross from at least 1811 until 1823. It was later taken on by D. Bain & Sons, in 1831, but was marked as disused on a map of 1871. It was described as a "late 18th century rectangular 3-storey, 2- by 5- bay, red-sandstone building, with a central hoist".
Other Sources of information
Canmore has a number of records relating to the Cromarty Brewery. Last accessed 19th July 2016.
Books and Periodicals
Hume, J. The industrial archaeology of Scotland. 2: the Highlands and Islands. London: B. T. Batsford, 1977.